Hollywood has the Oscars. It’s a fancy televised deal with lots of glamor and
lots of money wasted the “who’s who” of showbiz make their appearance.
Well, the quilt world has their own “show”, too. It’s not as glamorous and there isn’t money being wasted (and no, buying more fabric is not wasting your money! ), but it’s non-the-less fun thing to participate in.
Thanks to Sew Cal Gal, we can vote for our favorite quilters! And let me tell you, there are some fabulous people who have been nominated; people like Jinny Beyer, Leah Day, Fons & Porter, Jenny Doan (they have many, many great tutorials on this site!), Amy Ellis, and the like. It was hard to decide!
Here are the categories:
- Best Quilt Designer
- Best Quilt Teacher/Instructor
- Best Quilt book Author
- Best Quilt Store (physical)
- Best Quilt Store (online)
- Best Longarm Quilter
- Most Innovative Product (physical)
- Most Innovative Product (software)
- Most influential person in the world of quilting to-date, aka "Lifetime Achievement"
- Best Quilt book publisher
And the prizes aren’t just for the winner, either! There are fantastic prizes to be won for simply voting. Go on! Check it out and cast your vote! Help make it known that what these people do for folks like you and me, really matters! Voting is open until March 31, 2012.